Thứ Tư, 22 tháng 7, 2009

Fred Astaire: One for My Baby (from The Sky's the Limit)

The Siren has been waiting for a good video of this to show up on Youtube. This version is dark, but it'll do.

Probably my favorite Fred Astaire solo. It isn't just the precision (that kick to the single glass!) or the athleticism (that jump to the barstool, then the bar!), it is also the way he stays perfectly in character and perfectly drunk, even as he dances as no other mortal ever did.

He sings the song beautifully, too.

I could watch it all day. Pity the rest of the movie isn't nearly as good.

P.S. SIGH. It does not post, and it does not post, and it does not post. And then it posts five times AFTER I give up and go to bed. And now it's erased again. I give up. And people ask me why I don't post clips. Because I'm old, my computer's old and I have my blood pressure to think about, that's why I don't post clips. Without Mr. C here the technical glitches pile up. Anyway, if I had to post something more than once, Fred's the best for it I think.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét